Getting up early, downing a cup of coffee, endless traffic jams, crowded public transport, dropping the kids at school – being in a constant rush in the morning sounds familiar to a lot of us and is deemed a constant stress factor.
According to psychologists the stress of commuting takes a toll on mental health and your social life. Don’t we all want to avoid that rush and start the day in a relaxing way? If you have the option to work from home, it can save you a lot of time. Apart from that, working from home has a lot more benefits, both for employees and for businesses.
Giving your employees the option to work from home can build trust and they tend to become more engaged. But to enable that, you need to make sure you have the right infrastructure and tools in place.
Read below how to get more out of your home office time:
The 5 Benefits:
Digital Workspace technologies make working from home very easy. The Digital Workspace is a collection of evolving technologies designed around your user’s needs that give them the space and freedom to work securely anywhere and on any device. It optimizes their experience and engagement with the tools and resources they need to help them be more effective and productive.
The most important benefits of Working From Home are:
- Work wherever you are on any device – Work from anywhere and at any time where you get most motivated and inspired. Also, avoid traffic, less time commuting and save money on public transport or petrol.
- Optimize experience and engagement with the tools and resources – Allow your employees to easily find and collaborate on documents, communicate easily and get on with their working day all from one easy-to-use interface
- Work/life balance – having flexible work hours and incorporate social life into your working week more flexibly – spending less time commuting.
- Increases productivity – according to a Standford study, 13% of employees who work from home are more productive. There is less distraction than at the office.
- The Cloud – Cloud solutions offer a perfect way to have a centrally managed infrastructure of services that can be accessed anywhere and at any time. That means your data, applications and service come with you. With a digital workspace solution you have your full desktop and IT service experience following you where ever you are.
Work from anywhere on any device
At tocario we develop the technology needed to build the digital workspace. Just imagine your trusted desktop with all data and applications being available on any device.
You office environment is Windows – access it from your iPad sitting in your garden and get those Excel calculations done. Combined with modern communication and collaboration tools like Google hangouts, Amazon Chime or Skype for Business you have a fully functional office right at your fingertips.
What business advantage can the Digital Workspace bring?
The Digital Workspace can save your business money in the long term.
Less overhead costs – having your employees working remotely means less overhead costs such as IT infrastructure expenses, office supplies and extra office space. According to a Forbes magazine report, American Express has not only improved employee productivity, but also saved between $10- $15 million annually in real estate costs.
Hire the best employees from all over the world – By allowing employees to work remotely, you can hire the best employees from all over the world.
Productive and efficient employees – at home your employees will have less distractions, which enables them to focus better on their work. Also, fewer breaks and fewer sick days can be the reason to boost productivity and efficiency.
Satisfied and engaged employees – tools like Skype for Business and Google Hangouts help employees stay connected with their colleagues. According to Harvard Business Review, 87% of remote workers feel more connected through the use of video conferencing.
Working from home gives our employees the freedom and flexibility to plan their work life and personal life.
When I take advantage of the home office I avoid the traffic jam in the morning which saves me time, and avoid the distractions at work which enables me to focus on what I need to do and be more productive.